Well, well, well, look what we have here
Jun. 12th, 2026 08:30 amSo before I get into the work drama (like most places, never ending so I try to keep it to the highlights nowadays), GP appointment was ok, my BP was up but I was feeling crappy from the weather, from it being "shot night" the night before and well, life. But I've lost 15 pounds over the last three months and we'll see when I get my blood tests on Monday morning what the verdict is there when it comes to statin-land.
Anyhoo, the newest work nonsense. I'll only make a brief mention here of someone that worked with us before that left with shit former Bosslady and got a two step upgrade yet interviewed for the two step downgrade for that Lindsay girl's replacement. She's not likely to get the job since it's clear that it's not what she wants to do but Elaine and I are confused as to why Josh thinks she earned the "consideration" to have a second interview. That may or may not be relevant in a future post so noting it here. Though I'll also note when Josh mentioned it to me that why would we owe this person ANY consideration? Sure, we all like her but she made it clear in the first interview that either she didn't read the job description or didn't care. But anyway.
Next up, I was doing my job of letting a chair and faculty member know about an opportunity for a good multistate project and copied Josh. Josh responded separately to me with this "Thank you so much for your continued support of our faculty. So great to see the connections you are making and the enthusiastic response!"
Whatever. Shut up. I didn't respond and if I did, it would be "You're welcome" not "Thank you for the compliment" since there isn't shit that I'm thanking YOU for, BUD. He's lucky I didn't respond with "Yeah, I'm awesome, where's my fucking promotion? Yeah, I thought so." You'd think I was being unappreciative to have compliments from my boss but it put up red flags for me and I wasn't sure why...until Wednesday when an email went out from the head of the Business/Budget/HR office that Kathleen, the person upstairs TWO pay grades higher than me that I do the equivalent of her job without the pay or the staff (in the research rather than extension office she's in) got a fucking PROMOTION and will be the new DIRECTOR of the HR office. Aw HELL NAW. I'm sorry but she was NOT the pick. Also, she's the one that flounced on me when I made the small request that if the funding application for my stuff came out while I was out after surgery if she could put them in for us.
I find it incredibly telling that NO ONE has done a "congratulations" response to that email that was sent out to everyone on our campus. This is highly unusual since when these sorts of announcements go out, we all get bombarded with tons of reply-all responses from people and yep, not one single person has done this in the two days since this announcement was sent.
I'm rather sure that Josh knew that her promotion would piss me off, and it has. Evidently according to Elaine, he's supposedly back to advocating to me to the leadership that my promotion needs to go through. Yeah, fucking whatever. Let me know when it does. In the meantime, I'm biding my time until another opportunity knocks or my 25 years for full retirement hits in fall 2027. Until then, piss off and I'll continue to act my wage.
Anyhoo, the newest work nonsense. I'll only make a brief mention here of someone that worked with us before that left with shit former Bosslady and got a two step upgrade yet interviewed for the two step downgrade for that Lindsay girl's replacement. She's not likely to get the job since it's clear that it's not what she wants to do but Elaine and I are confused as to why Josh thinks she earned the "consideration" to have a second interview. That may or may not be relevant in a future post so noting it here. Though I'll also note when Josh mentioned it to me that why would we owe this person ANY consideration? Sure, we all like her but she made it clear in the first interview that either she didn't read the job description or didn't care. But anyway.
Next up, I was doing my job of letting a chair and faculty member know about an opportunity for a good multistate project and copied Josh. Josh responded separately to me with this "Thank you so much for your continued support of our faculty. So great to see the connections you are making and the enthusiastic response!"
Whatever. Shut up. I didn't respond and if I did, it would be "You're welcome" not "Thank you for the compliment" since there isn't shit that I'm thanking YOU for, BUD. He's lucky I didn't respond with "Yeah, I'm awesome, where's my fucking promotion? Yeah, I thought so." You'd think I was being unappreciative to have compliments from my boss but it put up red flags for me and I wasn't sure why...until Wednesday when an email went out from the head of the Business/Budget/HR office that Kathleen, the person upstairs TWO pay grades higher than me that I do the equivalent of her job without the pay or the staff (in the research rather than extension office she's in) got a fucking PROMOTION and will be the new DIRECTOR of the HR office. Aw HELL NAW. I'm sorry but she was NOT the pick. Also, she's the one that flounced on me when I made the small request that if the funding application for my stuff came out while I was out after surgery if she could put them in for us.
I find it incredibly telling that NO ONE has done a "congratulations" response to that email that was sent out to everyone on our campus. This is highly unusual since when these sorts of announcements go out, we all get bombarded with tons of reply-all responses from people and yep, not one single person has done this in the two days since this announcement was sent.
I'm rather sure that Josh knew that her promotion would piss me off, and it has. Evidently according to Elaine, he's supposedly back to advocating to me to the leadership that my promotion needs to go through. Yeah, fucking whatever. Let me know when it does. In the meantime, I'm biding my time until another opportunity knocks or my 25 years for full retirement hits in fall 2027. Until then, piss off and I'll continue to act my wage.